“Building and toning muscle doesn’t require going to the gym.” Yes! You can do it effectively at home with a resistance band.
The resistance band is a versatile home workout tool that you can use to build and tone muscles, and it also helps to increase strength, mobility, and function, as well as reduce joint pain.
Here we’ll go through the top seven best resistance bands on the market with their little review. It also includes what you should consider when purchasing to get your perfect match bands and some FAQs regarding the resistance band.
Quick List: Best Resistance Bands
- Overall Best: Whatafit Resistance Bands at Amazon
- Runner Up: Fit Simplify Resistance Loop Exercise Bands at Amazon
- Best for Building Muscle: SPRI Xertube Resistance Band at Amazon
- Best for Pull-Ups: INTEY Exercise Resistance Bands at Amazon
- Best for Butt: Te-Rich Resistance Bands at Amazon
- Best for Glutes: Booty 3 Resistance Bands at Amazon
- Best for Rehab: TheraBand Resistance Band Set at Amazon
Top 7 Best Resistance Bands of 2021
Let’s check out our top seven best resistance bands on the market at the moment.
1. Whatafit Resistance Bands
- Editor’s Rating: 4.7/5
- Color: Multi
- Material: Natural Latex
- Tension Level: 10lb, 20lb, 30lb, 40lb, 50lb.
- Dimensions: 7.87″L x 6.69″W x 4.33″H
- In the package: Five exercise bands, one door anchor, two cushioned handles, carrying case, and user manual.
All the bands are 36″ in length and can be used alone stacked in any combination to a maximum equivalent of 150 lbs.
The Whatafit bands set is a highly rated and top choice resistance band that you can use to build muscle mass without leaving your home.
The Whatafit Resistance band is made of 100% Natural Latex. Its strong wear resistance and great elasticity, non-slip handle, comfortable and absorbent make it super comfortable, easy, and safe to exercise.
No matter your fitness level, Whatafit provides five different bands that you can use alone or stacked in any combination of intensity from 10 lbs to 150 lbs. So you have the freedom to choose the power to meet the different requirements.
2. Fit Simplify Resistance Bands
- Editor’s Rating: 4.4/5
- Color: Assorted
- Material: Rubber
- Tension Level: X-light, light, medium, heavy, x-heavy
- Dimensions: 5.75″L x 3.54″W x 1.57″H
- In the package: Five loop exercise bands, instruction guide, and a carry bag.
Fit Simplify is one of the bestseller resistance bands on the market, and these stretch bands are perfect for people suffering from leg, knee, and back injuries.
The Fit Simplify provide 12″ by 2″ heavy-duty loop resistance bands that come in 5 varying resistance levels and makes them perfect whether you are just starting to workout or a seasoned workout warrior.
These resistance bands are often used for sports and fitness, physical therapists to rehabilitate their patients, and these stretch bands are very gentle on your skin.
3. SPRI Xertube Resistance Band
- Editor’s Rating: 4.5/5
- Color: Red
- Material: Rubber
- Tension Level: Medium
- Dimensions: 7.75″L x 5″W x 2.5″H
- In the package: Exercise cords with the handle attached and a door attachment anchor.
SPRI Xertube Resistance Band is excellent for full-body training, making it perfect for travel, gym, or in-home use, and it’s my top choice band to workout at home.
The SPRI’s heavy-duty, high-quality material has greater resistance to abrasion and tears to stand up to the rigorous demands of professional use, which promises a long life.
The handle plug, protective sleeve, and grommet reinforcement feature help to make the Xertube one of the most durable and reliable resistance bands on the market. And it’s an ideal workout tool you can use anywhere, any time for safe and effective total-body conditioning.
4. INTEY Exercise Resistance Bands
- Editor’s Rating: 4.3/5
- Color: Black, Purple, Green, Blue
- Material: Natural Latex
- Tension Level: 5kg, 15kg, 25kg, 35kg.
- Dimensions: 81.9 inches in length
- In the package: 4 INTEY pull-up bands and a carry bag.
INTEY Exercise Resistance Bands is a great option for total body workout including stretch and power-lifting, and it also assist in your pull-up exercise.
The Intey Pull-up bands are made of 100% natural latex. With these bands, you’ll train your arms, back, legs, and butt all at once, perfect for body resistance training and physical therapy to help strengthen torn ligaments or muscles.
These pull-up resistance bands are so compact that it practically does not even take up any space or weight. You can even coil them up to store in its carry bag. INTEY provides three-month money back or replacement guarantee and 24 months product defect-free replacement warranty.
5. Te-Rich Resistance Bands
- Editor’s Rating: 4.2/5
- Color: Light gray, black, dark gray
- Material: Cotton and Latex grips
- Tension Level: Light, medium, heavy
- Dimensions: 3.15″W x 13.6″L
- In the package: 3 Te-Rich resistance loop exercise bands, one carrying pouch, one user guide.
Te-Rich Resistance Bands is one of the most popular glutes and leg training bands on the market, and these workout bands are layered and highly durable; they’ll last a long time.
The Te-Rich provides three different tension levels, so no matter you’re a beginner or a fitness enthusiast, these glute exercise bands will complement your workout needs. These cotton resistance bands are lightweight and occupy almost no space, which is great for storage and travel.
The butt bands dynamically challenge your muscles in new ways, so your workouts stay fresh and challenging. Although thigh resistance bands are meant for exercising the lower body, they are also useful for the upper body, particularly for warm-ups.
6. Booty Resistance Bands
- Editor’s Rating: 4.2/5
- Color: Black, Grey, Pink
- Material: Latex-free construction, ideal for sensitive skin.
- Tension Level: Light, medium, and heavy.
- Dimensions: 11.81″L x 5.91″W x 0.79″H
- In the package: Three resistance bands, a carry bag, and an exercise printed booklet.
If you’re looking for a glute band that won’t roll up or slides off during your workouts, GYMBee Booty Workout Bands are perfect for you. It’s wider than regular thrust bands have inner grip strips to keep them in place.
These resistance bands are the same size (14 inches), but the resistance levels are different, so no matter if you’re a beginner or an advance, it will bring a new life to your training every time.
GYMBee’s heavy-duty resistance bands are excellent for legs and butt workouts, although they can use total body toning. With the set of Booty resistance bands, you will receive access to 50+ Video Workout ideas to kick start your fitness journey.
7. TheraBand Resistance Band Set
- Editor’s Rating: 4.0/5
- Color: Yellow, Red, Green
- Material: Latex
- Tension Level: Beginner Set
- Dimensions: 60″L x 5″W x 2″H
- In the package: Three color-coded resistance bands.
TheraBand Latex-Free Resistance Bands are the perfect tool for beginners, and these resistance exercises are used in the clinic, at the gym, at home, or on the go.
The TheraBand elastic resistance helps to increase strength, mobility, and function and reduce joint pain. It also helps to rehabilitate injuries, improve older adults’ functional movements, improve athletic performance, and aid in treating many chronic diseases.
These simple to use latex bands that help build and tone muscles through positive and negative force on muscles and joints improve balance and grip strength.
What to Consider When Buying Resistance Bands
There’re few things you should consider when purchasing a resistance band. Here we discuss some tips to make the most out of your investment.
There’re primarily two types of resistance bands — Tube style and Loop style. Which one best? It depends! It depends on what kind of exercise you’re planning to perform.
Tube bands are round rubber bands that typically have handles and an attachment bar. This band can use for total body conditioning and building muscle mass. Tube bands are mostly used to train the upper body and arms.
It’s similar to a rubber band; Loop bands are connected in a full circle. Loop bands are varied from its length and thickness. These bands are helpful, especially when you’re exercising your hips, glutes, and legs, and these bands can be a great alternative to heavy gym equipment.
There’re two types of band material — Latex and Fabric. Latex bands are obviously made from latex, and they typically come in a pack of three to five bands, providing different resistance levels from extra light to very heavy.
Latex bands give you a variety of resistance option that you can choose to meet your tension level, and it’s the most famous resistance band type in the fitness industry.
On the other hand, fabric bands are made from a strong material, and they come in a three-category — light, medium, and heavy. Fabric bands are more robust than latex, and it adds extra tension when you’re doing squats, lunges, etc.
However, fabric bands aren’t as versatile as latex that you can train your upper and lower body very comfortably because of their lack of resistance level. These bands are so tight that you can’t pull the band against it, and sometimes it goes big and falls on your leg.
In short, it is always recommended to go for a 100% natural latex band, which is ECO-Friendly, and you can use it to train your full body unless you actually need a fabric band.
The resistance level is a crucial thing to look out for when purchasing a resistance. There are lots of resistance bands available for all fitness levels–beginner to advanced. When you’re just starting, use light bands where an experienced athlete can go for a more challenging option.
Typically resistance bands are sold as a pack of three to five bands where some bands are sold separately. For a home workout, it would be best (we recommend) to buy all five or atleast three bands to train your full body with different tension levels.
The resistance band’s length is crucial for performing exercises in the right form and getting maximum tension on the targeted muscle.
So make sure the band you choose should be within a few inches of your height. If you’re a tall person, it would be best to go for a more extended resistance band accordingly.
Gloves: A pair of suitable gloves is highly recommended while exercising with resistance bands as they might rough on your hands (women already know that).
Door Anchor: When exercising with resistance bands, a door anchor must-have accessories to perform various exercises at your home and outdoors. Basically, anchor helps you attach one end of your band to the door while another end you’re exercising.
Best Resistance Bands FAQs
What is the best resistance band?
After thorough research on the market, our experts recommend the Whatafit Resistance Bands as the best band option you can use to build and tone muscles.
Optional: If your primary target muscles are legs and glutes, then the Fit Simplify Resistance Loop Exercise Bands is perfect for you.
Do resistance bands actually work?
Shortly, Yes! Definitely, and also research-proven that resistance band exercises helps to grow your muscle and at the same time tone them as well.
Exercise band also helps to increase strength, mobility, and function and reduce joint pain. It also helps to rehabilitate injuries, improve functional movements of older adults, cardiovascular fitness, etc.
Although free and machine weight training have some advantages in muscle hypertrophy (muscle volume growth) and muscle activation, resistance bands are not far from them. All I would recommend is to give it a shot, and you’ll be amazed to see its benefits.
How do I choose a resistance band?
Here is how you can choose your perfect match resistance bands:
- First, decide what your primary goal is. Do you want full-body training? Or your main aim is to target legs and hips?
- If you want a full-body workout, then a tube resistance band set (our number one pick in the list) can be the best option for you. But especially for legs and glutes, a loop band (our second pick) can be perfect.
- Always choose Natural Latex bands that will give you a variety of resistance options and ECO-Friendly.
- It’s best to have at least three tension levels–light, medium, and heavy since different muscle groups need different resistance levels. SPRI bands are a favorite option for many athletes (also mine). Take a look at the tension level of each color so you can buy a variety of bands.
- Before purchasing, check out the band’s length. It should be within a few inches of your height to get the maximum contract of your muscle.
- Don’t forget to buy a door anchor, which is very handy to perform different exercises indoor or outdoor. Some manufacturers offer a door anchor with their bands.
Whether you’re buying a resistance band or any other fitness equipment, at first decide your need and then look at which one perfectly meets your needs.
Whether you’re looking for a tube or loop band, our chart highlights some of the top-rated best resistance bands on the market of 2021. So, define your desire and choose anyone from the list, and you’ll always get the top quality product.
So, which one you’re going to purchase? Let us know in the comment section below!